Collection of Personal Information and Use
When you visit shopbemuse.com, with the help of our 3rd party authorized agents, we collect information (such as IP address, domain name, browser type, broad geographical information, site-navigation pattern, etc) to improve our website and to refine our marketing campaigns and promotions. We do not gather any personally identifying information about you when you visit the site, unless you choose to provide such information to us.
We collect certain personally identifiable information when you sign into shopbemuse.com, register for online shopping, participate in a contest, promotion or survey, or request other services that require information, registration or subscription. This information may include your name, billing address, phone number, email address, credit card number and its expiration date, your birth date, your driver’s license number and state of issuance to verify your identity. We also keep a record of your product interests and purchases online, and automatically receive and record information on our server logs from your browser including your IP address, BeMuse cookie information, and the page you requested.
BeMuse may also share aggregate site and demographic information (such as age, gender, types of products or services purchased, and shopbemuse.com navigation, usage, and page view). Such information does not identify any individual person. It will allow us to provide a more enjoyable online shopping experience.
Please be aware that our site may contain links to other sites hosted by third parties. BeMuse does not control and is thus not responsible for the content or privacy practices and policies of such other sites.
Our platforms are meant for adults. We do not knowingly collect personally identifiable data from children under 16. If you are a parent or legal guardian and think your child has given us information, you can write to us at the address listed at the end of this website Policy. Please mark your inquiries “COPPA Information Request.” Parents, you can learn more about how to protect children’s privacy online visiting:: https://www.consumer.ftc.gov/articles/0031-protecting-your-childs-privacy-online.
How you can access, update or delete your information
You may, at any time, access and update or remove your personal information by contacting our Customer Support Team by clicking on Contact Us from any page on shopbemuse.com. In addition, if you prefer not to receive information from us, either through email or regular mail, you may opt out of receiving these emails by clicking the unsubscribe link in the body of these emails, or by sending a request to firstname.lastname@example.org. Please note that it may take up to 3 weeks for your request to become effective. Thereafter, when you make purchases, we may still send you an email confirmation and may need to contact you by phone if we have other questions regarding your order.
Your California Privacy Rights
Shine the light:
Under California law, our Customers who are residents of California may request certain information about our disclosure of personal information during the prior calendar year to third parties for their direct marketing purposes. To make such a request, please write to us at the following address:
Intuitive Mind Group Inc. dba BeMuse
4770 E 50th Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Alternatively, you may send an e-mail to email@example.com with the words "California Privacy Rights".
California Consumer Privacy Act:
CA personal information collection. Consistent with the "We collect information from and about you" section, we collect and use personal information regarding California residents as follows:
- In the preceding 12 months, we have collected the following categories of personal information from California residents users, regardless of the means (online or in person) they use to interact with us: Identifiers, commercial information, Internet or other electronic network activity information, Geolocation data, Audio and Electronic information.
- We have collected that personal information directly from you via our Platforms or devices, and consistent with the “Collection of Personal information and Use” section of this Policy.
- We collected that personal information consistent with the “Collection of Personal Information and Use” section above, for the following purposes: to complete a transaction, provide a good or service required by you or reasonably anticipated by you, to send commercial communications and to manage customer inquiries.
- We shared personal information with the categories of third parties listed in section "Collection of Personal Information and Use" above.
- We collected the following specific pieces of personal information: Name and last name; Email; Address; Telephone number; Signature; Image/Voice; Electronic signature; Payment card data; Transactions of goods and services; Advertising ID, Purchase amount and frequency.
- In the preceding 12 months, we disclosed the above-mentioned categories of personal information about consumers for a business purpose, consistent with the “Collection of Personal Information and Use” section, to comply with federal/state law, comply with civil or criminal investigation/inquiry, or exercise or defend legal claims.
- We did not “sell” any consumers' personal information in the preceding 12 months.
California Residents’ Privacy Rights. Subject to certain exceptions, California residents have the right to: (i) request access to their personal information; (ii) request deletion of their personal information; and (iii) request information about the personal information that we have disclosed to third parties within the past 12 months. You can exercise these rights by sending us an email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
To make a request, you can also write to us at the following address:
Intuitive Mind Group Inc. dba BeMuse
4770 E 50th Street
Vernon, CA 90058
Disclaimer of Warranty
- Users expressly agree that use of the service is at his or her sole risk. Neither BeMuse, its affiliates nor any of their respective employees, agents, third-party content providers or licensees, if any, warrant that the service will be uninterrupted or error free: nor do they make any warranty as to the results that may be obtained from use of the service or as to the accuracy, reliability, or content of any information, service, (or merchandise) provided through the service.
- The service is provided on an “as is” basis without warranties of any kind, either express or implied, including but not limited to warranties of title or implied warranties of merchantability or fitness for a particular purpose, other than those warranties which are implied by and incapable of exclusion, restriction or modification under the laws appliable to this agreement.
- The disclaimers on liability contained in this section apply to any damages or injury caused by any failure of performance, error, omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay in operation or transmission, computer virus, communication line failure, theft or destruction or unauthorized access to, alteration of, or use of record, whether for breach of contract, tortious behavior, negligence, or under any other cause of action.
- In no event will BeMuse or any person or entity involved in creating, producing or distributing the service be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of the use of or inability to use the service or out of the breach of any warranty.
- BeMuse neither endorses nor is responsible for the accuracy or reliability of any opinion, advice, or statement on the online service.
- BeMuse does not endorse, warrant or guarantee any product or service offered by a third party through the service and will not be a party to or in any way monitor any transaction between any user and third-party providers of products or services. As with the purchase of a product or service through any medium or in any environment, each user should use his or her best judgment and exercise caution where appropriate.
- Each user specifically acknowledges that in no event will BeMuse, its affiliates, nor any of their respective employees or agents be liable for any direct, indirect, incidental, special, or consequential damages arising out of (i) the use by such user of any browser owned or operated by any party and/or (ii) the downloading of any software owned or operated by any third party in connection with the service. Each user shall be responsible for obtaining and maintaining all telephone, computer hardware, and other equipment needed for access to and use of the service, and users shall be responsible for all changes related thereto.
Credit Card Safety
We aim to provide you with a safe and convenient online shopping experience. When placing an order online, your information is transmitted using Secure Sockets Layer (SSL) technology, the approved industry standard. To check the security of your connection, view the lower corner of your browser window as you place your order. If you see an unbroken key or a closed lock, then SSL is active and the server is secure. You can also double-check by looking at he URL line of your browser. When accessing a secure server, the first characters of the site address will change from “http” to “https.”
Cookies also enable us to monitor and maintain information about your use of our site. The information we retrieve assists us with tracking your order, improving our site design, products, services, contests and promotions, and overall shopping experience.
Changes and Updates to this Policy